We proudly present the third edition of our online magazine LibRE. Read everything about:
- Breendonk: A place to gives you shivers
- How Spanish soldiers liberated Paris
- The launch of the 75th Anniversary Commemoration Initiative
- The Battle of Britain
- And much, much more…
For the English version: click HERE
The Dutch version can be found HERE
We are delighted to share our first US Newsletter with you. The newsletter is part of what we call ‘Liberation Route Europe’s 75th Anniversary Commemoration Initiative’: a project to create more awareness in the US and aiming to get funding for projects of Liberation Route Europe too.
Read the newsletter HERE:
With our continuously growing international remembrance trail, the Liberation Route Europe connects WWII heritage organisations across Europe with museums, press, schools, regional and national governments, the travel trade industry, and more, consequently creating a large international network. Together we work on the important task of keeping the memory of the Second World War alive. Now, and in the future.
In 2018 we will organise the second edition of the Liberation Route Europe Annual Conference in Brussels. In order to conclude the past year and reflect on what has been achieved, as well as to envisage the future with the horizon of 2019-2020, we would like to invite you to our annual event on Thursday the 1st of February 2018. Please find the invitation at the bottom of this post.
The event will be divided into two parts:
- We will start the day with a business lunch and the opportunity to get to know our extensive network of WWII related professionals.
- The lunch will be followed by the Liberation Route Europe Annual Conference. The conference will focus on the keywords celebration, cooperation, preparation and looking towards 2019-2020. An important part of the conference contains the preparations and developments regarding the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII, including the international awareness campaign Europe Remembers 1944-1945.
More detailed information about the program and location will follow in the beginning of January. In the meantime, we would like to ask you to register if you would like to attend the event.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
For any questions regarding the events, please contact project manager Femke Kurstjens for more information / email@example.com / +31(0)481 366 266.
We sincerely hope that you will be able to attend.
With kind regards,
Team Liberation Route Europe