We are beyond excited to announce that the next edition of the Foundation’s annual LRE Forum will take place in Tuscany! After a successful event in Normandy, the LRE Forum will return from February 28 until March 3, 2023, in the beautiful and historic Tuscan surroundings with an insightful programme rich in networking opportunities, insightful panel discussions and guided tours.
The Foundation’s annual Forum brings together members, partners, and tourism stakeholders to hear updates from experts, network, and attend specialised travel trade events, encouraging them to develop new ideas and practices within the WWII and remembrance sector. The 2023 event is jointly organised by the LRE Foundation and LRE Italy.
Rémi Praud, Managing Director of the LRE Foundation, says: “It is a great pleasure to be able to organise our annual event in Tuscany, not only for its beautiful landscapes and cities but also for its cultural heritage and great hospitality. We are excited to welcome our network in the region that has been hosting our Italian branch since 2019. It is a great occasion for us to promote even more the surroundings and this fascinating part of WWII history.”
Carlo Puddu, LRE Italy Director: “The LRE Forum is a unique opportunity to draw international attention to our country and stimulate a responsible form of tourism aimed to explore recent history and enhance our already rich tourist and cultural offer.”
With a 4-days programme, the LRE Forum 2023 will offer a variety of activities:
- The LRE Member Seminar provides an occasion to meet with other members of the LRE Foundation, discuss their experiences, and hear the Foundation’s latest updates.
- The LRE Conference features a variety of engaging speakers, in-depth keynotes and panel discussions, which consider the remembrance sector’s potential as a tool for citizenship and shaping today’s world.
- The LRE Gala dining event offers valuable networking opportunities for Foundation members, key partners, and sponsors.
- LREXPO provides representatives from remembrance sites, museums, and tourism destinations with an excellent opportunity to network with travel trade stakeholders.
- Sites visits to explore with local guides some of the most influential locations, museums and memorials linked to the region’s WWII history.
More information about the event and registration will be released after the summer.
Check out the LRE Forum 2023 page to stay updated.
© Photo: Martijn Brink / LRE Foundation