27 February 2024
The LRE Foundation Member Seminar is an enriching opportunity to get together with other members, exchange new ideas and best practices within the network, and keep up to date on the Foundation’s latest project developments and future plans for 2024 and beyond.
Like in the past editions, the seminar will promote the sharing of ideas and best practices among remembrance organisations, as members will be invited to take the stage and share relevant news from their organisation.
A final thematic session will serve as a reflection and discussion starting point regarding the 80th anniversary of the end of the war and the future of commemorations.
Contact us if you have any questions
Join us on
27 February 2024
Doors open at 08:30. Members can check in, meet and grab a coffee before the Seminar starts.
Opening: Rémi Praud, Managing Director, LRE Foundation
- Welcome and Introduction:
- Ed Kronenburg, Chairman, LRE Foundation
- Gotthard Kirch, Director, LRE North Rhine-Westphalia
LRE Governance, Network and Project updates
The LRE team and project partners will share updates about the key ongoing and future projects as well as the latest developments regarding the organization and governance.
Building on the success of the last years, we want to promote the sharing of ideas and best practices among members. Therefore, we invite you to take the stage during the Member Seminar and showcase your updates and projects to fellow members of the LRE network.
We are eager to hear from you, and your fellow members are looking forward to your insights! If you’re interested in presenting, please email us (email@example.com) with a summary and possibly visuals of what you would like to present.
Introduction and moderation by Rémi Praud, LRE Foundation Managing Director
Discussion with panelists:
- Dirk Backen, Secretary General, Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge (German War Graves Commission) – Germany
- Simon Bendry, Head of Education and Engagement, Commonwealth War Graves Commission – UK
- Femke Klein, Coordinator of programme 80 years of freedom, Nationaal Comité 4 en 5 mei (National Committee 4 and 5 May) – The Netherlands
- Łukasz Kukawski, Head of education and visitor center – Museum and Memorial in Sobibór – Poland
An informal lunch to continue networking, before the LRE Conference.
Altes Kurhaus, Aachen
The LRE Foundation has been supported by the National Fund for Peace, Freedom and Veteran Care (vfonds) in the Netherlands since 2012. The vfonds is a strategic partner of the Foundation since, for many projects.