On behalf of the Liberation Route Europe Foundation, we hereby invite you to join us on a press trip to the Operation Market Garden area in September 2018. It is a great opportunity for you to look forward to the important remembrance years 2019 and 2020, during which Europe commemorates the 75th anniversary of liberation and the end of WWII.
A broad consortium of international partners is supporting ‘Europe Remembers 1944-1945’, an international public campaign dedicated to this 75th anniversary. Part of this campaign will be the development of the online portal www.europeremembers.com. From the end of May 2018, this portal will reach out to a potential of 25 million people around the world who are interested in visiting Europe for the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII.
The upcoming press trip will focus on some of the annual commemorative events in the ‘Operation Market Garden’ regions Arnhem, Nijmegen and Brabant, as well as the places of interest and remains of the war in the area. Besides this, we will visit several museums and monuments that are dedicated to ‘Operation Market Garden’. Please note that:
• We will cover the costs for your travel and stay (3 nights)
• We aim to travel with a group of 4-7 participants from various countries
• You are kindly requested to mention the Europe Remembers campaign in your publication
• Please also mention us on your social media channels as well:
• Hashtags: #europeremembers & #liberationroute
• Users: @europeremembers & @liberationroute
In case you want to sign up for the press trip, or wish to have more information, do not hesitate to contact me. Please bear in mind that the program below is a draft and therefore subject to change.
With kind regards,
Press & Communications
Liberation Route Europe Foundation